UTSA now offers two tuition rate plans:
- Traditional Rate Plan
- Guaranteed Rate Plan (Optional – students must opt-in)
Differential Tuition is assessed all students taking undergraduate upper-division College of Engineering and College of Business courses at the following rates:
- College of Engineering upper-division courses (DEU1 / DEU2 / DEU3): $55 per semester credit hour.
- College of Business upper-division courses (DBU1 / DBU2 / DBU3): $42 per semester credit hour.
Differential Tuition for all students taking master’s and doctoral College of Engineering and College of Business courses is assessed at the following rates:
- College of Engineering graduate-level courses (DEG1 / DEG2 / DEG3): $55 per semester credit hour.
- College of Business graduate-level courses (DBG1 / DBG2 / DBG3): $129 per semester credit hour.
More information about tuition rate plans and the current Tuition and Fees Schedule can be accessed at the Fiscal Services website.
Notice to Students Regarding Tuition Set Aside for Financial Assistance
In accordance with provisions of the Texas Education Code, Section 56.014, each semester UTSA will provide an e-mail to every student who has paid designated tuition. The notice will indicate the amount of their tuition that is required to be set aside and used for need-based financial aid to UTSA students. No action is necessary by the recipient, as this is an informational notice only.