Inactivation of Admission
There are circumstances whereby an applicant or admitted student may wish to cancel his or her admission to UTSA. Cancellation of admission triggers cancellation of course registrations, financial aid awards, and housing applications and contracts.
Applicants and admitted students, or the parent or guardian of a minor student, may cancel their admission any time prior to the first day of class for the expected semester of enrollment as indicated on the application for admission.
Applicants and admitted students, or the parent or guardian of a minor student, who meet the above restrictions should initiate the request in writing, via a letter or e-mail that provides the student’s full name, date of birth, and student ID number to ensure correct identification, to Undergraduate Admissions stating the desire to cancel the application for admission.
- Students who cancel admission and later wish to enroll at UTSA must reapply for admission according to the requirements and procedures stated in the UTSA Student Policies current at the time of application.
- Application fees submitted as part of an application process that is later cancelled are nonrefundable.
- Documents submitted as part of an application process that is later cancelled remain the property of UTSA.
- Students who cancel their admission after attending an Orientation session will still remain responsible for the payment of all orientation fees and charges they incurred.
- Any outstanding financial obligations to UTSA incurred prior to cancellation of admission remain in effect after cancellation of admission.