UTSA Veterans Certification Office
Educational benefits are available to veterans, dependents of veterans, and personnel actively serving in the United States Armed Forces. The UTSA Veterans Certification Office provides the required forms and information regarding educational benefits available to eligible veterans and their dependents. The office is located at the Main Campus, JPL 1.01.14, 210-458-4540. Information is also available online at http://utsa.edu/va/.
Students receiving veteran’s assistance are responsible for understanding and meeting the academic standards of progress required of all Veterans Administration (VA) recipients. These standards are set by VA regulations and are monitored by the Texas Veterans Commission.
All students receiving GI Bill educational benefits must send all post-secondary educational institution transcripts to the UTSA Office of Admissions for evaluation of prior credit. Current and former military members must send a copy of their military transcripts to the University before certification.
VetSuccess on Campus Program
The VetSuccess on Campus program is a collaborative effort between UTSA and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the purpose of providing a supportive on-campus environment for student Veterans. Services provided will enable student Veterans to make a smooth transition to college life and successfully complete their educational programs.
The VA has placed two full-time, experienced Vocational Counselors on the UTSA campus. These counselors will serve as “one-stop liaisons” for Veterans, active duty military and their eligible family members who attend or plan to attend UTSA.
VetSuccess on Campus Counselors can assist with:
- Information on VA educational benefits to include: Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30), Post 9/11 G.I. Bill (Chapter 33), and other VA and non-VA educational benefits
- How to apply for and maximize your VA educational benefits should you be eligible for more than one benefit
- Understanding and applying for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)
- Vocational exploration and career counseling services
- Information on college credit for military experience and training
- Job placement assistance and referrals to state employment agencies and services
- Information on applying for other VA benefits to include disability compensation, Life Insurance and Home Loan Guaranty
- Assistance with electing healthcare benefits through the Veterans Health Administration
- Information and referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Referrals to the local Vet Center for readjustment counseling services
- Referrals to on-campus, community and VA resources to ensure academic success.
For more information visit the UTSA Veterans Certification Office website: http://utsa.edu/va/.
Office of the Associate Provost for Veteran and Military Affairs
The Office of the Associate Provost for Veteran and Military Affairs strategically aligns all veteran and military connected entities under one department to provide oversight, easing the transition to higher education and enhancing the overall student success of The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) military affiliated community.