The University Center (UC), located on UTSA's Main Campus, is the focal point for services, programs, meetings, dining, and relaxation for students, faculty, staff, and University guests.
The UC is the primary facility on campus for hosting events and meetings, which include weekly student organization meetings, banquets, political debates, entertainment events, workshops and conferences, dances, pageants, and even weddings!
Several departments are housed in the UC, including the Office of Student Activities, the Student Leadership Center, the Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion, Career Services, Roadrunner Productions, the Student Government Association, Volunteer Organization Involving Community Education and Service (VOICES), Honors Alliance, Fraternity and Sorority Life, University Center Programs, the Office of Student Life, Student Conduct and Community Standards, Events Management & Conference Services (EMCS), the Special Events Center, and UC Administration. The Student Activities and Student Organization complexes provide cubicles for student organizations.
University Center Programs offers a number of programs and activities throughout the semester, including live concerts, comedians, poetry jams, and movie nights every weekend with free popcorn, just to name a few.
The UC is also home to a wide range of services and amenities to support students’ daily campus life:
- Campus Technology Store provides service and academic pricing for both PC and Apple hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Rios Golden Cut Salon offers a full-service salon for men and women.
- Frost Bank Financial Center supplies three ATMs and a full-service bank with hours and services designed for the University community.
- The UPS Store offers complete mail and shipping services including UPS, U.S. Mail, and mailbox rental; as well as document duplication, binding, lamination, and poster and banner printing.
- The Roadrunner Express retail center offers discounted testing supplies (Scantrons, ParScores, blue books, pens, and pencils) at convenient hours; as well as a Ticketmaster® outlet, discounted movie and Fiesta Texas tickets, Schlitterbahn Promo Codes, VIA bus passes, locker rentals, unique spirit items, and the University’s official homecoming t-shirt.
- The Princeton Review offers a variety of test prep services designed to provide a personalized preparation experience that fits a student's learning style, schedule, and budget; and provides preparation for a variety of graduate school entrance exams including the MCAT, LSAT, GMAT, GRE, and DAT/OAT at a 10 percent discount to UTSA students.
- The Information Center provides directions to visitors and answers to general questions about the campus and San Antonio area.
- The Roost is UTSA’s student game room with billiards, table tennis, air hockey, foosball, board games, four 42-inch flat screens for video game play, and an extensive student-selected video game library for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii.
- Gallery 23 showcases the art of students, faculty, and staff members, as well as the work of local and national artists, with three to four showings per year.
- The UTSA Bookstore is your official source for textbooks, UTSA apparel, and gifts.
- Dining includes brand name eateries like Panda Express, Taco Taco Cafe, Starbucks, MOOYAH, Subway, and Chili’s Too.
- The C-Store provides grocery and convenience items, from snacks and beverages, to frozen foods and toiletries.
For more information, contact the UC at 210-458-4735, or visit the UC website.