The University Center (UC), located on UTSA's Main Campus, is the focal point for services, programs, meetings, dining, and relaxation for students, faculty, staff, and University guests.
The UC is the primary facility on campus for hosting events and meetings, which include weekly student organization meetings, banquets, political debates, entertainment events, workshops and conferences, dances, pageants, and even weddings!
Several departments are housed in the UC, including the Office of Student Activities, the Student Leadership Center, the Student Center for Community Engagement and Inclusion, Career Services, Roadrunner Productions, the Student Government Association (SGA), the Volunteer Organization Involving Community Education and Service (VOICES), Honors Alliance, Fraternity and Sorority Life, University Center Programs, the Office of Student Life, Student Conduct and Community Standards (SCCS), Events Management & Conference Services (EMCS), the Special Events Center, and UC's Administration. The Student Activities and Student Organization complexes also provide cubicles for student organizations.
University Center Programs offers a number of events and activities throughout the semester. There are live concerts, comedians, poetry jams, and every weekend night is Movie Night with free popcorn.
The UC is also home to a wide range of services and amenities to support our students’ daily campus life:
- Campus Technology Store provides services and academic pricing for both PC and Apple hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Rios Golden Cut Salon offers a full-service salon for men and women.
- Frost Bank Financial Center supplies three (3) ATMs and a full-service bank with hours and services designed for the University community.
- The UPS Store offers complete mail and shipping services including UPS, U.S. Mail, and mailbox rental; as well as document duplication, binding, lamination, and poster and banner printing.
- The Roadrunner Express retail center is open during hours convenient for students, and offers discounted testing supplies (Scantrons, ParScores, blue books, pens, and pencils); discounted tickets (Santikos Theatres, Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and UTSA Events); Schlitterbahn Promo Codes, VIA bus passes, and locker rentals; gifts (balloons, gift baskets, seasonal/holiday items, and the world's finest chocolate); unique spirit items including spirit and class t-shirts; and it's the place to purchase the University’s official homecoming t-shirt.
- The Princeton Review offers a variety of test prep services designed to provide a personalized preparation experience that fits each student's learning style, schedule, and budget. It also provides preparation for a variety of graduate school entrance exams including the MCAT, LSAT, GMAT, GRE, and DAT/OAT, all at a 10 percent discount for UTSA students.
- The Information Center provides directions to visitors and answers to general questions about the campus and San Antonio area.
- The Roost is UTSA’s student game room with billiards, table tennis, air hockey, foosball, and board games. There is an extensive student-selected video game library for Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii, with four (4), 42-inch flat screens for video game play.
- Gallery 23 showcases the art of students, faculty, and staff members, as well as the work of local and national artists, with three to four showings each year.
- The UTSA Bookstore is your official source for textbooks, UTSA apparel, and gifts.
- Dining includes brand name eateries like Panda Express, Taco Taco Café, Starbucks, MOOYAH, Subway, and Chili’s Too.
- Rowdy Mart provides grocery and convenience items, from snacks and beverages, to frozen foods and toiletries.
For more information, contact the UC at 210-458-4735, or visit the UC website.