Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences Admission
UTSA offers a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences (B.A.A.S.) degree for students who have graduated from a regionally accredited, two-year college with an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree. UTSA offers a B.A.A.S. degree in Infancy and Childhood Studies.
Applicants to the B.A.A.S. program must:
- have graduated from a regionally accredited, two-year college with an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree prior to the anticipated semester of enrollment at UTSA;
- have a minimum 2.25 cumulative grade point average on a 4.00 scale on college coursework attempted at a regionally accredited institution;
- be eligible to return to the most recently attended institution for academic reasons. Transcripts or additional documentation may be required to demonstrate that this requirement has been met; and
- not be ineligible to return to the most recently attended institution for disciplinary reasons. By applying to UTSA, applicants affirm that they meet this requirement.
To apply for admission to the B.A.A.S. program, applicants must:
- submit the ApplyTexas application for Transfer Students on or before the published application deadline for the desired semester of enrollment;
- submit the nonrefundable application processing fee;
- submit official academic transcripts from all previously attended institutions;
- submit an official college transcript indicating the award of the A.A.S. degree; and
- upon acceptance by UTSA Admissions, contact the College of Education and Human Development Advising Center to obtain an individualized degree plan and formally declare the major.
See the UTSA Undergraduate Catalog for B.A.A.S. degree requirements.