First Year Experience Program
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) offers students the opportunity to realize their potential for academic success by becoming involved in the comprehensive First-Year Experience Program. The First-Year Experience Program is designed to help first-year students transition to university life as well as provides first-year students the academic skills and tools to be successful college students.
In UTSA’s First Year Experience Program students will:
- participate in a peer mentor program;
- complete Academic Inquiry and Scholarship (AIS 1203), a core curriculum course designed to introduce students to undergraduate research skills, critical thinking skills, and inquiry within three broad academic cultures;
- complete the University Peer Mentorship Experience (UPM 1000), an experience designed to help students explore UTSA’s academic and social resources, build UTSA connections, and learn college success strategies;
- have the opportunity to enroll in linked courses; and
- participate in various campus events designed to enhance the success of first-year students.
For additional information contact the First-Year Experience Program office at (210) 458-7490 or visit www.utsa.edu/fye.